At Watershed School, we offer students a different kind of educational experience, which differs from most schools. Watershed Students engage in meaningful, exciting work. They learn to apply their education to the real world and have the opportunity to explore their community and learn from what is around them. They are given the opportunity to explore their interests and passions and to learn more about themselves as they approach adulthood.
Our school design includes a challenging, engaging, and interdisciplinary curriculum that challenges students to know and care for themselves, their community, and their world. A Watershed School education is an exceptional preparation for college and life!
Our curriculum is characterized by:
- an educational program that offers students rewarding opportunities to apply their learning to the world around them through extensive out-of-classroom experiences
- an educational program that encourages students to explore meaningful questions about their lives, their communities, and their connection to the broader world
- extensive use of resources in the local community and regional environment
- development of skills and dispositions for success in college and in life
- a highly personalized approach
- accountability through community members’ participation in the assessment of student work
- a holistic approach to learning, engaging body, mind, and spirit