Watershed School is an innovative middle school and high school located in Boulder, Colorado. We are currently enrolling for grades 6 – 12.
Watershed is an uncommon school that fosters academic excellence and upstanding character through an innovative, rigorous and effective experiential college prep program.
Watershed is known for its engaged student body and its focus on global citizenship, experiential education, critical thinking, and real world problem solving.
Our students experience adventure and wonder as they learn by doing and engage in complex, in-depth and abstract thought in written, oral and artistic forms.
The organization is both sustainable and generous, and stewarded by staff, families and board members who freely and meaningfully share their talents, skills and resources.
Our vision is to develop active citizens and bold thinkers by providing a unique, meaningful and rigorous education in a nurturing setting that challenges students to know and care for themselves, their community, and their world.
We believe that students learn best when they are . . .
- essential members of a vibrant, diverse learning community,
- immersed in challenging, real-life experiences that make a difference,
- exploring ideas, questions, and projects that are meaningful and relevant to them,
- collaborating with inspiring adults who know them well,
- given real responsibility for their education, and
- in touch with their innate wisdom and capacity for insight.